YouTube has a Creator Academy to help you get started earning money with YouTube. There are 6 “courses” to take you through how to earn money on YouTube.
The most basic way to earn money on YouTube is to post engaging videos that attract viewers and sign up to allow ads to be posted on your channel. What can you post? Anything you would like. Perhaps you want to share your knowledge about model trains or can teach people how to decorate cakes. Once you have filmed and edited your video, you can post it to your very own YouTube Channel.
How do you start a YouTube Channel? A simple Google search turned up these steps:
- Sign into YouTube and click on the user icon at the top right of the screen.
- Click on the gear icon to get to your account’s YouTube Settings.
- Click on Create a new channel.
- Then choose “Use a business or other name”
- Add your Brand name and click create.
Then, you will want to monetize your channel.
- Sign in to YouTube.
- In the top right, select your account icon > Creator Studio.
- In the left menu, select Channel > Status and features.
- Under “Monetization,” click Enable.
- Follow the on-screen steps to accept the YouTube Partner Program Terms.
Until you gain a large following of viewers or subscribers to your channel, you should not rely on YouTube for your full-time income. YouTube is great to supplement your income or drive visitors to your store or website.
Additional methods to generate income using YouTube:
Post videos promoting products that you sell on your e-commerce site.
Direct traffic to affiliate links. Use existing affiliate partnerships and upload videos to promote those products, driving traffic to your affiliates and earning your extra income.
Attract sponsors who will pay to underwrite and support your channel. You will negotiate contracts with potential sponsors based on your number of subscribers and impressions.
You can use your YouTube audience statistics to pitch live speaking engagements at conferences and special events.
How can you be successful with your YouTube channel?
- Be engaging and enthusiastic in your videos.
- Talk about what you know or about your niche.
- Be consistent.
- Use keywords in your title.
- Fill out the description box.
- Respond to comments and implement viewer suggestions, if possible.
- Comment on other people’s videos.
- Use social media to promote your channel.
- Be respectful.
- Have fun!
Leave a Reply